DevOps and cloud solutions are essential for startups that want to scale fast. These tools help your company automate processes, manage resources efficiently, and streamline software delivery processes. However, launching new products isn’t easy for startups. There are numerous challenges in releasing new software quickly, such as integrating applications with third-party APIs, managing infrastructure in the cloud, monitoring performance and logging services, etc. Fortunately, there are solutions such as DevOps and cloud that can help your startup succeed. But, it’s important to choose the right solution for your business, otherwise it can do more harm than good. In this article, we will give you detailed information about how to end up with a solution that works best for your startup.
Cloud Service Types
Cloud services can be applied to any business function that requires IT resources, such as application development, testing, or data analytics. When selecting cloud services, it’s important to understand the terms of service and which type of service is right for your organization. Some of the more common cloud services include:
- On-premise: On-premise solutions are installed and stored on-site which means you’re fully responsible for maintaining the application. This is good from a security and privacy standpoint because you will be the one who has access to the data meaning that you will have full control over it. But in the meantime, this requires having a team of developers who can handle all this.
- Cloud: Cloud solutions are hosted and delivered by a third party which means that all your data is stored in their cloud. If you have limited IT resources, then this is a great way to go because the vendor is the one who is taking care of the operations and management. For example, if there will be a system failure, crashes or other similar scenarios, they will ensure disaster recovery.
- Hybrid: As the word itself says hybrid is the mix of both. It combines several on-premise systems that are installed locally and other outsourced services that are cloud-based. What’s great about them is that they allow you to not fully commit to one of the two options and give you the flexibility to shift between the two. For example, you can store the files that have strategic importance to you on-premise and the other part of your business on cloud.
How to Determine the Right Type of Cloud Solution for Your Startup?
When selecting cloud services, you’ll first need to decide which type of service best meets your needs. Once you’ve narrowed down the field, you’ll need to use a scoring system to determine which providers are best for your organization. There are many factors to consider when selecting cloud solutions, including:
- Scalability: This refers to how well a provider can grow with your company. Ideally, your cloud provider should be able to scale as needed without costing an arm and a leg. This gives you maximum flexibility to accommodate demand.
- Technical implementation: How easy is it to implement the cloud solution? Will it take a long time to get the service up and running? How much expertise is required to get it up and running? How much time will it take?
- Ensured risk management: As you’re a startup you can face some unprecedented issues, that’s why it’s important to have your risks managed. without risking its stability or integrity.
- Secured system: When selecting cloud services, it’s important to consider how secure they are. Ideally, you’ll want a provider that is well-known for its security.
- Increased performance: As your features and functionalities grow, so should your performance. It’s important to have it done without risking your product’s stability or integrity.
- Continuous monitoring: The continuous monitoring is important to ensure that any occurred issues will be immediately addressed and resolved.
- Service-level agreements (SLAs): Some cloud providers offer SLAs, which set expectations for uptime, response times and other factors. SLAs can help you manage risk and set realistic expectations for your business.
Need a helping hand in DevOps?
As you saw, choosing the right DevOps/cloud solution is the key to your business success, that’s why you should make a reasonable decision of what to invest in. As an experienced DevOps company, Das Meta takes care of everything your startup might need to, starting from hosting to development and maintenance. You can contact us and our tech professionals will help you to figure out the most cost-effective solution for your startup that meets your strategic needs.