If you are a small startup with a great idea that is in the stage of moving its idea to the production phase, then congrats you have landed on the right place. In this article, we will give you a thorough understanding of what a startup needs to make this transition successful. Also, we will give you detailed information about what DevOps is and why it is your best and irreplaceable friend when it comes to technical implementation.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a methodology and set of practices that helps software developers and IT operations work together more efficiently. It’s a relatively new way of thinking about software creation, deployment, and management that has been gaining traction in recent years.
To be more precise, DevOps is an intersection of two fields: software development and IT operations. The goal of DevOps is to improve communication between software developers and IT operations and to create a more efficient way of working together. You might be wondering why these two departments need to work together more closely. After all, they don’t have to deal with each other directly. Well, there are a few reasons: – As businesses become more digital, software is playing an increasingly important role. Software developers are responsible for creating these applications. And IT operations manage the computing infrastructure that powers them. – But these two departments have very different goals: software developers want to build the best product possible, while IT operations aim to keep the entire company running smoothly. And at the end of the day, the combination of these two is what keeps the company successfully going.
Why Your Startup Needs DevOps?
If you want to build and launch better software faster, you need DevOps. The faster you can get your application to market and generate revenue, the better. Here are some key reasons why your startup needs DevOps.
- Enter market faster: If your company is low-funded, your ability to build a product quickly is critical to your success. If you can get your product to market faster, you increase the likelihood that you’ll receive funding. If you can’t get funding, you won’t be able to build your product, which means you won’t have any business.
- Remain competitive: In this ever-growing business environment where customer needs and wants constantly change it is important to meet them on time. New players enter the market with new offerings and it becomes an absolute necessity for you to upgrade your product or services to stay competitive. All of these become possible with DevOps. It helps to make quick changes to the existing product or introduce new features due to which you will maintain a competitive position in the market longer.
- Increase customer satisfaction: Response times are one of the most important KPIs for your company. If you can respond to your customer service tickets quickly and effectively, you can retain your customers and increase your revenue. With DevOps, you can increase your mean time to recover after issues arise.
How DevOps can help business growth?
As your startup grows at a dynamic pace, DevOps becomes a real helping hand for you. It gives technical support to all your business processes and ensures a smooth operation of your product. Here are some of the main benefits of DevOps.
- Increased delivery speed: Getting new features out to your customers faster is a win for everyone. With DevOps, you can set up a release pipeline where developers can continuously deploy their code without having to manually push it out to production. If you’re using continuous integration and continuous delivery, you can shorten your release cycles and increase your deployment frequency.
- Increased performance: Improving performance on an ongoing basis is the key to keep your startup going. You need to have your product tested and optimized from time to time to meet the larger scale of it such as supporting an increasing number of users.
- Continuous monitoring: Being a startup means facing the risk of numerous issues, that’s why it is extremely important to monitor and respond to any identified issues before they occur. This applies both to your product as a whole and separate parts of it.
- Customized solid architecture: Having a solid architecture is crucial for a startup and when it is customized for your business needs, you are the one to benefit the most.
- Reduced cost: As you are a startup a minimum cost and maximum result is what you strive for the most. Thus, a quality solution with affordable pricing is the great match for you.
- Secured system: Security is the top priority for any business. DevOps ensures that credentials and private information is safely stored.
- Ensured compliance: As you are running a business you have to deal with the legal aspect. You have to make sure that your application is aligned with GDPR or other compliance requirements.
- Ensured risk management: As a startup you can face numerous risks, even a full destruction of your application. That’s why it’s important to have a reliable DevOps solution that will continuously manage the whole processes and provide recovery if needed.
- Customized storage: Storing data securely is a crucial aspect that you need to pay specific attention to. Database has to be managed safely to minimize potential risks.
How to Implement DevOps in Your Startup?
As part of architecture building, DevOps implementation has three main aspects that you need to particularly focus on.
- Automation: This is one of the core principles of DevOps. You want to automate as many procedures as possible. You don’t want to be spending time on manual tasks when you could be spending that time building your product or improving your application. With automation, you can set up automated deploys, build pipelines, and other repetitive tasks to save yourself time.
- Communication: One of the main challenges with DevOps is communication. When software development and IT operations work together, there is often a huge communication gap. Software development teams and IT operations teams speak different languages, and they often don’t understand what the other teams’ goals are. With effective communication, you can resolve this issue and clear up any misunderstandings.
- Culture: The last aspect of DevOps that you need to focus on is the culture of your team. By building a DevOps culture, you can help your team implement the principles of DevOps. You can hold team meetings where you discuss challenges and find solutions together, share best practices, and help each other succeed.
Need Help with DevOps Implementation?
As we came this far, we saw that DevOps plays a crucial role in startups, that’s why it is important to choose a reliable DevOps solution that will keep your business running smoothly. Das Meta is the ultimate solution to build and monitor your product while having your business needs at the core. You can contact us for a personalized consultation about how we can assist your startup needs at this point.